Youth Bureau Commission
- 4:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Youth Bureau Office
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Tom Steele, Chair
Membership, Appointment & Compensation
There shall be a Youth Bureau Commission consisting of 15 members who shall be appointed by the Mayor with confirmation by the Common Council. The Commissioners shall serve 3-year terms with no compensation, except the Common Council may authorize compensation for expenses. The Youth Bureau Commission shall, at the beginning of each year, elect one of its members as Chairman.
Powers & Duties
The Youth Bureau Commission shall have the powers and duties to:
- Submit to the Mayor the names of at least three qualified candidates, if there are three qualified candidates on the list of names reviewed and evaluated pursuant to § C4-3C for the position of Youth Bureau Director.
- Assist the Director when requested with regard to promotions, discipline and other personnel matters.
- Review the estimates of revenues and proposed expenditures and capital program of the Youth Bureau and make recommendations to the Mayor and Capital Program Committee, respectively.
- Review all complaints by citizens and, with the Director, devise solutions to valid problems in departmental operations.
- Advise the Director on the administration and operations of the Department as he or the Mayor may request or as the Commission may deem necessary.