This site allows you to gain information about the various departments in the City of Cortland and other county links that may be helpful in your search for information. Information updates will be posted as they become available.
We are always interested in your concerns. If there is information you would like to see added to this site, please email us.
The goal of the Office of the Mayor is to maintain communications and coordination among department heads, staff members and Common Council while making information on matters of concern available for residents.
Our commitment is to ensure residents are aligned with the appropriate individual or department that will provide resolution to any concern.
As Mayor, I will work every day to help make the City of Cortland a business friendly, safe community offering programs to help enrich the quality of life for residents, business owners, and visitors. It is an honor and privilege to serve you.
The Mayor’s vision and goals include:
•Working with all city staff to provide the best possible services we can to all residents, businesses, and visitors to our community
• To continually assess and determine how we can provide services more effectively and efficiently
• To make Cortland a place where residents are proud to live and where businesses want to locate, operate and expand
• To provide a clean, safe, friendly and well maintained community
• To handle citizen requests and needs promptly and treat people with dignity
• To work collaboratively with existing city departments and other agencies to support each other and use tax dollars and personnel most efficiently